Ministry of Defense reveals details of the victims of UAE air strikes of government forces in Aden and Abyan

Ministry of Defense reveals details of the victims of UAE air strikes of government forces in Aden and Abyan


Yemen's Ministry of Defense has announced the victims and casualties of air strikes by the UAE on legitimate government forces in Aden and Abyan provinces in late August.

The ministry published on its official website "26th September ", the names, photos and information of martyrs members of the armed forces who died in what it described as the "treacherous crime of UAE air targeting", which targeted the national army forces in Aden and Abyan provinces on August 28-29.

The announcement coincides with the 40 days anniversary of the UAE's targeting of Yemeni army forces "while carrying out the task assigned to the army command in the face of the rebel militias of the so-called UAE-backed Transitional Council," the Ministry of Defense said.

The Ministry stated that the UAE's warplanes carried out more than 13 air strikes, involving F-16 and Apache fighters, targeting positions and gatherings of soldiers and equipment in various areas of Aden and Abyan provinces.

"This targeting resulted in the death of more than 300 martyrs and wounded officers and soldiers, and 13 charred and missing bodies, while 19 wounded were discharged into hospitals after being taken for treatment as a result of injuries in the sinful attack," it said.

According to details published by the Ministry of Defense, the shelling also resulted in the destruction and burning of more than 20 military vehicles and a number of medium weapons, the destruction and burning of four ambulances, and the targeting of medical personnel and preventing them from helping the injured.

The UAE forces' attack on the Yemeni army was met with an official and popular condemnation of Yemen and a statement issued by the President of the Republic condemning these operations and holding the UAE responsible for the resulting attacks.

This attack deepened the crisis between the UAE and the Yemeni government, bringing the complaint of these attacks to the United Nations, where the Foreign Minister condemned this attack last week as a blatant aggression against the Yemeni army, and a departure from the stated objectives for the Arab coalition's intervention in Yemen.

The Yemeni Defense Ministry on Thursday held a memorial service in the capital city of Ataq, southeastern Yemen, to mark the 40 days anniversary of the victims of attacks by UAE fighter jets on the Yemeni army.


Share


Print Send